Thursday, January 29, 2009

O-Baminator!

Now I'm sure that my New Year's resolution isn't off to a great start. I just missed a whole week! And a busy week it's been, too. Maybe that's why I've felt too tired to keep writing in my blog.

Anyways, from Wednesday to Saturday, I didn't even have access to a computer because I was in Washington D.C.! It was quite the experience, being there the day after Obama became President. It wasn't hard to realize, what with all the Obama merchandise! I got myself a postcard of the First Family!

On to my reason for being there... About 400 people from my diocese left for D.C. Wednesday morning to go to the March for Life, the annual peaceful protest against abortion and anti-life laws. Every year, more than 250,000 people march on the anniversary of Roe VS. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion.This year it was particularly special, seeing as we got to protest two days after Obama took office!

That's about all for now. -sniff- I think I might have caught a small cold from the trip, even though it was a wonderful 45 degrees in D.C.! Much better than 9 degrees...

Stupid snow...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Orange! I'm so glad I found you on Blogger. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, don't worry about not having written in a while... it takes a while to get into a groove, ya know? Besides, scattering the posts will make them all the more special!
    I'm still jealous you got to go down to DC! But I'm glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete