Sunday, January 18, 2009

Resolutions, Key Club, and Photographs

Well, here I am, 3 days into my New Year's resolution and I've already missed a day! :P Hopefully, this isn't a sign of the days to come!

Anyways, I guess I missed yesterday's post because of a busy day. Our school's Key Club, the first in our region, was chartered yesterday, and we had a small ceremony and ice cream social to commemorate it! ICE CREAM SOCIAL, PEOPLE! It doesn't get better than that.

In case you don't know what Key Club is, and I'd be surprised if you did, it's a community service organization for high school students that focuses on outreach and community involvement. I honestly don't see the point of it in a school where 100 hours of community service are already required, but hey! It looks good on college applications, I hear.

In other news...

There are only 3 days left until our diocese leaves for the annual March for Life in Washington DC against abortion in the US. Abortion is one of those things that I believe strongly against, not only because it's against my religion, but because I just think it's wrong to kill a small child in the womb. Just look at this amazing picture:


I was lucky enough to meet the man who took this inspiring photograph, Michael Clancy, when he came to our school for a short presentation. He was an amazing, down-to-earth guy, and he gave up everything to stand behind this photograph. Michael lost his job and can't find work because magazines and newspapers are scared to hire him. His pro-life stance and the sacrifices he made stand against abortion really inspired me in my own beliefs. Michael Clancy was just an amazing dude all around.

Well, that's all for now. Please pray for the success of our march against abortion! :D This is an orange oreo, signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment