Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day = The End of Christmas

Hello world...

Today, my prayers were answered!

SNOW DAY!!!

We did indeed get that giant windfall of snow that was promised. I use the term windfall literally. There were drifts up to my head. They covered our automobiles. T'was awesome.

Funny thing was, they canceled school before the snow even started falling! BEFORE. There was not a flake in the sky, and the school closings were pouring in!!!

It was wonderful!

Most unwonderful was the fact that my mother took the opportunity to make me and my brother help her finally put away the Christmas decorations and take down the tree.

Yes, we still had it up on February 1st. It's somewhat of a family tradition to keep our tree up obscenely long. And our lights are still up on the house! We'll probably take those down eventually. Give us a month or so.

Anyways, this midnight post must come to a close. Here's to another day off of school tomorrow!

But before I go, a short winter joke for ya:

What's an ig?

An eskimo's house without a loo!

Harharhar!

Have a good one!

O.O.

2 comments:

  1. We keep our decorations up a very, very long time as well. They're probably down by now, but I'm not entirely sure.

    We also have the tendency to put up an insane amount of ornaments on the tree. Like, the only trees that might have more ornaments per square unit are trees displaying ornaments for sale in a store. It's kind of fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! Ours are exactly the same way!

    ReplyDelete