Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blood and Snow

Hello world!

I would just like to inform you that this guy is your newest blood donor! That's right! There is a pint of my blood sitting in a refrigerator somewhere!

We had a blood drive at our school yesterday, and while I've tried to donate before, I could never get a full pint. Well, yesterday was apparently the day. The nurse was surprised at how quick I was finished, and when they tried to clot the bleeding, it took two tries. I guess my veins just wanted to keep giving!

. . .

Well, enough about blood. On to something more exciting, like...


SNOW DAYS!


For days (and by days, I mean since Monday), all that anyone at school has been talking about is the upcoming snow storm and the guarantee of a snow day tomorrow. Well, I've yet to see the actual storm itself, but even my dad seems confident that we're not going to have school tomorrow, and he's never confident about that sort of thing! Here's to hoping I'll have all day to catch up on sleep and required reading tomorrow!

Speaking of snow, here's a snow sculpture that I might consider making tomorrow if we get the snow I'm wishing for. (Nerd alert!)



Playing Dungeons and Dragons in the snow with snow dice and snow creatures. Can you think of a better way to spend a snow day?

I think not!


Hoping and praying for a godsend of snow tonight!

O.O.

3 comments:

  1. The giant snowfigs in the comic reminded me that a friend back home has a thing for building gigantor snowmen... depending on whether the snow's packing snow or not within the next couple days he's gonna have plenty of fodder!

    I'm doubting that I'll have classes canceled, but I hope you and everybody in the storm's path get a snowday!

    Side note: The title of this post would make a very good title for some dark piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I was thinking the same thing about the title. It sounds like a good Nano novel...

    As for this friend of yours, does he build something along the lines of Calvin and his snowpeople?! Because if so, that is simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, they kind of do resemble C&H snowfolks...

    ReplyDelete