Sunday, February 8, 2009

Caloric Baked Goods, MORPing, and Mathematics

Well, yesterday was quite an awesome day for a particularly uneventful Saturday.

I had to get up bright and early after 7 AM to get up for church because I had to altar serve, and then my family went out to breakfast, and then I actually got some cleaning done in my room! Note I said some, not a lot. But still, it was better than nothing.

And then, my little brother, my mother, and I made pączki (pronounced pwnch-key (Like PWN with a chee added to it))!

In case you don't know what it is, it's leavened dough, wrapped around a small amount of plum jam, and then fried and glazed!

It tastes very much like a dougnut, and they're made for special occasions in Poland, where both of my parents come from, hence us making paczki.

Here in America, especially around my town, they're really popular around Fat Tuesday (the day before Lent starts). But, being the picky native that I am, I really don't like the ones the bakeries make around here... They're way too much like jelly donuts than pączki... But my mothers, on the other hand... Mmmm... -dies of ecstasy-

In other news...

I was invited to a Morp yesterday, but, alas, I couldn't go. Morping, according to my friends, is when you go around dressed all fancily (dresses, ties, suits, etc.) to places like the party store, movies, mall, and any other place where jeans/tees are the norm! Personall,y I think grocery shopping at Wal-Mart would be especially amusing!

Perhaps I'll go next time, and bring along a whole list of fun places to go! :D

In recent news...

I have a butt-load of homework to do. I guess that's what I get for putting it off since Thursday.

So here I go to finish that backpack full of geometry, English, French, history, and chemistry! Au revoir for now!

3 comments:

  1. morping..reverse prom... I get it! It's fun to go out in your prom clothes! Now its a "thing" to do! awesome! and I don't like jelly doughnuts, but yours look okay on the outside...

    Also, I started a second blog for my book, and you can vote on the name of the butler, since I'm still undecided.. you can find the new blog linked as a website on my current blog, under My Tuvalu Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they're way better than any old jelly donut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having an interesting time envisioning the morping... well, reality has a way of being stranger than fiction, does it not?
    And I thought my ideas to either gallop a la "Holy Grail" or silly walk in public were good... but what if you combined those and morping? That could draw some stares...

    ReplyDelete