Monday, February 16, 2009

Mp3 Player Ambulance Needed!!!

My day has been ruined.

Totally, utterly ruined.


My mp3 player, a Creative Zen 8GB, just gave me the White Screen of Death. It turns on, plays music, works fine, EXCEPT THAT THE SCREEN IS COMPLETELY WHITE. I can't see anything!

I've tried everything, and my Zen is in the refrigerator now to see if one guy's solution of cooling it down makes it work temporarily. I've updated the firmware, pressed the reset button numerous times, tried the gazillion tricks there are on the Internet, and nothing.

Looks like I'm going to be stuck listening to Chicago (the last thing I listened to) for a while...

The worst thing is that many, many people are having problems with this mp3 player, which is really too bad because it is totally kick-butt when and if it works!

I can only hope Creative will give me my money back... Apparently, Apple will end up getting my money even though I dislike the monopoly they have on mp3 players... D:

2 comments:

  1. Aw, dude! That stinks! Have you tried any reset tricks? I'm still trying to figure out how putting it in the fridge would help...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it didn't help at all. Looks like I'll either have to return it to Circuit City or send it back to Creative Labs...

    ReplyDelete